Understand how to format, upload, and manage territories
Territories allow you to visualize various polygons and assign them to account users. Territories can be standard geographies — such as DMAs, cities, and states — or custom polygons to reflect your existing development agreements.
After creating territories, you can assign them to specific users so that these individuals can only view sites, create forecasts, and run impact analyses within the boundaries of their territory. Users may include personnel on your development team or franchisees in your organization.
Formatting a CSV file for territory upload
Territory data can be uploaded to the SiteZeus platform via files in well-known text (WKT) format with the following headings:
Territory name: The name that appears when hovering over a territory
Territory ID: A unique ID you can use for internal reference to a territory
Territory shape boundary: The outline of the WKT-formatted polygon
Assigned territory user: The individuals given access to the territory
Tip: The values for this column can be left blank in the CSV file and be assigned within the platform instead.
How to upload, view, and assign permissions for territories
- Open the Main Menu and click Manage Account.
- Select Users & Roles.
- Select Territories.
- Click Upload CSV to upload data for new territories.
- Click the pencil icon to rename an uploaded territory.
- Use the trash bin to delete an uploaded territory.
- Select Authorized Users to set territory permissions.
- Select the user to whom you want to assign a territory, then click Apply.
- Ensure Territory Permissions Active is toggled on so you can view your territories on the map and apply the appropriate permissions to all users in the account.
- To visualize the territories: Return to the map view, select the Layers button to open the Layers Panel, then toggle on Territories.
Note: The location names shown reflect the sites that fall within the selected territory.