What is Pinning?
Pinning is a method of selecting multiple locations from the map screen.
- Visualize multiple trade areas and determine if your locations are sharing trade rings or if your competitors are inside your trade areas.
- You can pin up to 10 locations to bring into the Reporting Wizard. Selecting multiple locations by pinning allows you to run several reports at once or run a Simply Compare report and see the selected locations' data side by side.
How to pin locations
- Select locations by clicking on the pins on the map to open a location container.
- The first site you click on will open the locations container on the left. You can minimize the window to see all your pinned sites by clicking the location name at the top.
- Your locations collect on the left side of the screen as you click the pins on the map. You can select up to 10 for reporting and visualization.
- After selecting the desired locations, hover over the space to the left of the three vertical dots and click the pin icon that appears.
- For trade areas are displayed on the map for each pinned location. The bar to the right of the locations container connects the pinned locations, allowing you to easily transfer them into the Reporting Wizard.
- Use the trade ring selector in the top-right corner of the map to turn trade rings on or off. Hover over a ring to see its size, and click it to have it displayed in the trade area. White rings are on, and blue rings are off. You can select multiple trade area rings at a time.
- Transfer the pinned locations into the Reporting Wizard or Synergy Grid together by clicking the report icon at the top of the selection bar.
- Pinning works with any pin type, not just blue stars. You can select Layer Pins, Bolts, Blue Stars, or Search Pins.
- Don’t forget that you can hide the Zeustimate window if it is in the way! Just click the top of the panel to minimize the Zeustimate window.
- Once you have built Presentation Templates, you can use the report icon on the pinning bar for one-click reports.